He graduated from the Polytechnic of Turin in 1939.
He is engaged in design, painting, designing furniture, objects, ceramics and participating, between 1947 and 1960 in the periodic Triennial in Milan. Since 1958 he has been design consultant at Olivetti.
He has received recognition on numerous occasions.
In 1976, the International Design Zentrum in Berlin organized a retrospective exhibition dedicated to him, which was subsequently put on display at the Venice Biennial and the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris.
He began his collaboration for Venini in 1988, designing lamps and objects.